It seems that just right now, everyone wants to be creative, which is nice because I'm creative and it's nice to be 'in' for a change - although what that really means is that I forget where I'm meant to be, or what I'm talking about and I end up ...Read More
via youtube.com Apart from my general dislike for tools that automate highly skilled crafts - like tilt-shift and time-lapse - this is kinda cool, allowing you to make easy timelapse films on your phone. http://www.lapseit.com. Here's my trial: ht...Read More
via blogs.sonyericsson.comRead More
via googlemobile.blogspot.com See the full post here: http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2010/12/android-in-spaaaace.htmlRead More
Android Apps so far out of ten.
[ten being really quite impressive to a non-Android-developer ]
- Alarm Clock [6/10] - meh
- Amazed - rollaroundtype game [7/10]
- Barcode Scanner [10/10] - way cool. (If you work in Tescos.)
- Browser [8/10] - better than iPhone (ouch) but could be better
- Bubble [8/10] - a spirit level! in my phone! Cool! (& yes - the iPhone one is much, much cooler)
- Calculator [5/10] - so 1980's
- Camera [4/10] - working on the universally safe assumption that it's a phone so the camera sucks.
- Cardio Training [7/10] - marks for effort (theirs not mine - I haven't tried it)
- Chess [6/10]
- Chess-lite [7/10] - mild improvement
- Compass [9/10] a compass!
- Contacts [6/10] - it's so impossible not to compare with Apple... this can be better
- Dialer [6/10] - it's so impossible not to compare with Apple... this can be better
- Email [7/10] - it's so impossible not to compare with Blackberry... this can be better
- FatCalc [0/10] - useless and annoying. Apparently I am fat.
- Facebook [8/10] - better than Blackberry
- FlashLight [8/10] - tin says flashlight
- Free Dictionary [7/10] is a dictionary that's free (not pretty)
- GoogleMail [ 8/10] - understandably good - but several niggles
- IM [5/10] - this is just evil-a-phone
- Mah Jongg [8/10]
- Maps [8/10] - damn fast way to spend muchos muchos roaming dollar
- MarketPlace [7/10] - adequate, long-winded way to get Apps
- Messaging [5/10] - at the moment I prefered my old Nokia for this
- Music [7/10] - not an iPhone (again)
- PapJump [8/10] - pap clearly, but annoyingly compelling
- Pictures [5/10] - meh+slow
- Power Manager [9/10] - why isn't this part of the original build?
- Quickpedia [5/10] - aka url redirect
- RingDroid [6/10] - is it good that I have no idea?
- SaveMMS [7/10] - assuming it saves my MMS
- Settings [8/10] - quite happy about the way you manage your settings; easily beats Nokia or Motorola
- Shazam [10/10] - damn cool 'name that tune' app. Show off
- SkyMaps [8/10] - because you need to show people something dumb but cool
- StopWatch [3/10] - quite close to the minimalism of the 1930's original except without style.
- The Weather Channel [10/10] - this is rocking. TV weather reports to your phone. V.cool
- Thesaurus [7/10]
- Twidroid [8/10] - more than enough for me
- YouTube [9/10] - fantastic quality. Well, resolution quality, jury's out on the content...