TL Uglow ('Tea') is Creative Director for Google's Creative Lab in Sydney. She works with cultural and creative organisations around the world exploring the space between technology and the arts and what can happen where they intersect.
Tea has a history in the arts, a love of literature, and a problem with staying focused. She speaks graphics geek, a bit of web‑dev, some Python, a touch of digital strategy, remedial project management, and really bad French. Her likes include physical/digital, pen and ink, and carefully organised chaos doubt.
At the moment the "interests" list contains: augmented audio, digital books, proximity tech, non-linear storytelling, and the physical web... plus a few things that are less tech-geek like uncertainty, small people, and yoga.
In May 2018 Tea was celebrated as one of Australia's #OUT50 LGBTQ Leaders by Deloitte and in the same month Editions at Play was awarded a Peabody-Facebook Futures of Media Award.
Upcoming events in 2018 include (provisionally)
- University of the Underground, in Amsterdam
- GREAT in Hong Kong
- 99U in New York
- WITH also in New York.
- D&AD President of the 2018 digital design jury)
- RARE events in the UK, Aukland, and Tokyo
- World of Women: Creative industries in UK
- Cannes, France on the Glass jury, also See it Be it, She Says & YouTube Beach.
- Israel Creative Economy in Tel Aviv, Israel
- The Future is ND in London in July